The process you go through in your business journey can many times be overwhelming and strenuous. You look back and reflect on the progress you have made so far and rejoice, yet look ahead and realize there is still so much to do.
Business goal setting is what has taken your business to the next level, and although it may not be easy, it is worth every moment we spend reaching it.
I have provided an Entrepreneurs Guide to Business Goal Setting in a previous article. I hope you all stop by to look at a system that will help you in setting and excelling in your business goals for the year.
It truly has changed my whole outlook on the implementation of the goals I have set for my journey. I know it will help you as well.
After you have found your system for business setting goals, you know where you want to go, and you have steps laid out to get there… then what? The “then what” is that the road is not easy.
The road has hills and valleys, and trials, and good days, and bad ones. Sometimes you will feel completely alone. Other days you may feel as if you have bitten off more than you can chew.
Those are the very times to give yourself a bit of inspiration.
There have been moments in my journey that made me want to scream inside. I wanted to scream outside as well but inside just made more sense. I am a mother, a wife, a business owner, a friend, and leader.
I am all of those things, yet I am also someone who could use some motivation and encouragement.
I thought I would share some inspirational quotes that have helped so many in their journey to business goal setting. It is important to remember we are not alone.
In fact, I would like to think we are better together–even if it is only in forums like this where we can learn and grow together from all over the world. I hope you enjoy these as much as I have over the years.
30 Business Goal Setting Quotes
1. “The number-one thing that you will have to sacrifice to be great, to achieve what you are capable of, and to execute your plans, is your comfort.” – Brian P. Moran, The 12 Week Year: Get more done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months
2. “If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” – Thomas Edison
3. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
4. “A vision without a plan is a pipe dream.” – Brian P. Moran, The 12 Week Year: Get more done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months
5. “Intentionality is your secret weapon in your war on mediocrity.” – Brian P. Moran, The 12 Week Year: Get more done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months
6. “What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?” – Robert H. Schuller
7. “My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose—somehow we always win out.” – Ronald Reagan
8. “The entrepreneur is essentially a visualizer and actualizer. He can visualize something, and when he visualizes it he sees exactly how to make it happen.” – Robert L. Schwartz
9. “Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, magic, and power in it.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
10. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.” – Andrew Carnegie
11. “All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, on which sometimes seemed impossible.” – Orison Swett Marden
12. “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” – Pablo Picasso
13. “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal.” – Earl Nightingale
14. “By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands—your own.” – Mark Victor Hansen
15. “Goals. There’s no telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. There’s no telling what you can do when you believe in them. And there’s no telling what will happen when you act upon them.” – Jim Rohn
16. “A goal properly set is halfway reached.” – Zig Ziglar
17. “I think your goals should never be easy, they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time.” – Michael Phelps
18. “It must be borne in mind that the tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach.” – Benjamin E. Mays
19. “The thing about goals is that living without them is a lot more fun, in the short run. It seems to me, though, that the people who get things done, who lead, who grow and who make an impact… those people have goals.” – Set Godin
20. “Impossible is just a word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” – Muhammad Ali
21. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
22. “You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
23. “We hold ourselves back in ways both big and small, by lacking self-confidence, by not raising our hands, and by pulling back when we should be leaning in.” – Sheryl Sandberg
24. “A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” – Walt Disney
25. “To sit back and let fate play its hand out and never influence it is not the way man was meant to operate.” – John Glenn
26. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
27. “I know how it looks. But just start. Nothing is insurmountable.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
28. “Hustling is putting every minute and all your effort into achieving the goal at hand. Every minute needs to count.” – Gary Vaynerchuck
29. “I have not failed. I‘ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
30. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” – Henry Ford
In times you are overwhelmed and want to just give up, DON’T. It is as simple as that. Find what motivates you to stay the course and reflect on these quotes to give you a boost.
Do you have any business goal setting quotes you can share with us? We would love to hear them!